Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Newly Natural Hair Regimen


Figuring out what works for my natural hair has been as interesting as the journey itself. Besides the so true adage that "moisture is a natural's best friend". Here are a few things that I've learned about my hair so far:
1) I'm a head of many textures but predominately 4b (i think)
2) my natural hair acts nothing like my transitioning hair
3) shea butter works much better as a sealant than oil on my hair
4) sweet almond oil gives my hair a nice sheen and is best on my hair when applied a day or two after wash day
5) I don't have to totally abandon products I used while transitioning and relaxed (just some tweaking needed)

So without further ado:

Natural Hair Regimen~March 2012-Present
Regimen Overview:
Water
Shampoo and Condition 1x per week
Deep Condition 1x per week
Put in Leave in After Washing and Conditioning 
Air Dry only (to about 80%) 
Apply Modified Kimmaytube Leave in
Apply Shea Butter Mix
No Heat Styles

For a detailed look at my regimen, click on the "My Regimen" tab on the home page.
Yours Truly~Freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...